Entries are now open for the Recognition of Excellent Foreign Construction Worker 2018
The Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism is setting up the “Recognition of Excellent Foreign Construction Worker” (Land Economy and Construction and Engineering Industry Bureau Director’s Award) again this year to support the foreign construction workers’ career progression for their further skill improvement by recognizing remarkable efforts for acquiring construction and communication skills.
1. Person eligible for the award
(1) The person must meet any of the following conditions
○ Persons engaged in construction work as foreign construction workers
○ Persons engaged in construction work for more than one year and seven months as a foreign construction worker before.
(2) The award winner selection will be based on comprehensive evaluation focusing on remarkable efforts in fulfilling an important role in his/her accepting construction company, in improving construction skills and Japanese language ability, in engaging interactions and building friendships with local communities.
2. Application requirements
○ The nominator shall be a designated supervising organization or accepting construction company.
○ Construction worker himself can apply. However, filling up of application form is limited to Japanese language.
○ For those who submitted applications and unfortunately were not selected for the award last year, you can apply again.
3. How to apply
(1) Please submit the application form by e-mail to the administrative office described in number 6 below.
※ If you wish to apply by mail, please contact us separately.
(2) Application deadline
Deadline on Friday, January 18, 2019 at 5:00 pm
【Entry Guidelines】 This page introduces the summary. When making an application, please be sure to refer to the entry guidelines (written in Japanese) link below and be guided by the instructions.
→Entry Guidelines （click here）
【Application documents】You can download from the link below.
4. Selection Process and Screening Criteria
(1) Fair screening will be done by the judging committee and selects about 5 persons as award winners.
(2) In screening, comprehensive evaluation focuses in the following criteria below.
・Have passed the skill test Grade 3 (for foreigners only), Grade 3, Grade 2 (for foreigners only), Grade 2, Grade 1 or have acquired qualifications equivalent to these.
・Have completed the education of a Foreman or Health and Safety Controller.
・Have an excellent performance in his/her company’s skill competition.
・Have some other skills equivalent to all of the above.
・Have passed the Japanese Language Proficiency Test N3, N2, N1 or have acquired qualifications equivalent to these.
・Have an excellent performance in Japanese speech contest.
・Have some other Japanese language ability equivalent to all of the above.
『Social contribution activities』
・Engaging interactions and building friendships with local communities.
5. Upcoming schedules
November 26, 2018 (Monday) Start of Entry
January 18, 2019 (Friday) Deadline of Entry
Mid-February Announcement of the award winners
Early March Recognition Ceremony (Speeches from Awardees)
6. Submission of documents and contact address
Administrative office for Recognition of Excellent Foreign Construction Worker
Foundation for International Transfer of Skills and Knowledge in Construction
(Person in-charge: Kinoshita, Shu)
〒101-0044 Tokyo, Chiyoda-Ku, Kaji-cho 1-4-3 Takeuchi Bldg 6F